- first in order of importance; "the alpha male in the group of chimpanzees"; "the alpha star in a constellation is the brightest or main star"
- the 1st letter of the Greek alphabet
- the beginning of a series or sequence; "the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end"--Revelations
- early testing stage of a software or hardware product; "alpha version"
- relating to or involving or causing hemolysis; "hemolytic anemia" (同)haemolytic
- any high mountain
- アルファ(ギリシア語アルファベットの第1字A,α;英語のA,aに相当) / アルファ星(星座の主星)
- Microbial Flora and Antibiotic Resistance in Peritonsillar Abscesses in Upstate New York.
- Plum AW1, Mortelliti AJ2, Walsh RE2.
- The Annals of otology, rhinology, and laryngology.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol.2015 Nov;124(11):875-80. doi: 10.1177/0003489415589364. Epub 2015 May 28.
- OBJECTIVES: To identify the common bacteria in recent peritonsillar abscesses and the prevalence of antibiotic resistance and compare both between adults and children.METHODS: This is a retrospective chart review at a single academic institution of patients who underwent either incision and drainage
- PMID 26023143
- Telavancin as an Alternative Treatment for Gram-Positive Bloodstream Infections in Patients with Cancer: A Case Control Study.
- Chaftari AM, Hachem R, Jordan M, Garoge K, Al Hamal Z, El Zakhem A, Viola GM, Granwehr B, Mulanovich V, Gagel A, Reitzel R, Yousif A, Jiang Y, Raad I1.
- Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy.Antimicrob Agents Chemother.2015 Oct 19. pii: AAC.00617-15. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gram-positive bacteria infections are an important cause of morbidity and mortality in cancer patients despite current therapy. In this case control study, we evaluated the clinical outcomes and safety of telavancin in cancer patients with uncomplicated gram-positive BSIs. Between March 2011 and May
- PMID 26482312
- Microbiologic Examination of Bandage Contact Lenses Used after Corneal Collagen Cross-linking Treatment.
- Yuksel E1, Yalcin NG, Kilic G, Cubuk MO, Ozmen MC, Altay A, Çağlar K, Bilgihan K.
- Ocular immunology and inflammation.Ocul Immunol Inflamm.2015 Aug 24:1-6. [Epub ahead of print]
- PURPOSE: To investigate the agents of bacterial contamination of contact lenses after corneal collagen cross-linking (CCL), and to present the possible changes of ocular flora after riboflavin/ultraviolet A.METHODS: Seventy-two contact lenses of patients who underwent CCL and 41 contact lenses of pa
- PMID 25760913
- α-hemolytic strep·to·coc·ci streptococci that form a green variety of reduced hemoglobin in the area of the colony on a blood agar medium. See also: Streptococcus viridans. alpha-hemolytic streptococci pl.n. Streptococci that ...
- alpha-hemolytic Streptococcus alpha-hydroxy acid alpha-hydroxy acid alpha-hydroxy acid alpha-hydroxy acids alpha-hydroxy acids alpha-hydroxyethylthiamin pyrophosphate alpha-hydroxypropionic acid alpha-interferon alpha-k ...