- an analgesic for mild pain but not for inflammation; also used as an antipyretic; (Datril, Tylenol, Panadol, Phenaphen, Tempra, and Anacin III are trademarks of brands of acetaminophen tablets) (同)Datril, Tylenol, Panadol, Phenaphen, Tempra, Anacin III
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Baccharis trimera Improves the Antioxidant Defense System and Inhibits iNOS and NADPH Oxidase Expression in a Rat Model of Inflammation.
- Cruz Padua Bd, Rossoni Junior JV, de Brito Magalhaes CL, Seiberf JB, Araujo CM, Bianco de Souza GH, Chaves MM, Silva ME, Pedrosa ML, Costa DC.Author information Programa de Pos-graduacao em Ciencias Biologicas do Nucleo de Pesquisas em Ciencias Biologicas - NUPEB; Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto (UFOP), Ouro Preto, MG, 35.400-000, Brasil. firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractAcetaminophen is a common analgesic and antipyretic compound which, when administered in high doses, has been associated with significant morbidity and mortality, secondary to hepatic toxicity. Although this may be due to a direct interaction of reactive acetaminophen metabolites with hepatocyte proteins, recent studies have suggested that reactive species produced by neutrophils also contribute to the pathophysiological process. Researches on the chemical composition of B. trimera show that this plant has bioactive compounds such as flavonoids, related to the organism's protection against free radicals. Therefore, in the present study, using Fischer rats, the effect of B. trimera on the antioxidant defense system, the production of nitric oxide (NO) and on the expression of nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase (CAT) and of the subunits of the NADPH oxidase in neutrophils was evaluated in a model of phagocytosis induced by zimosan (ZC3b) and in a model of inflammation induced by acetaminophen. The results show that the treatment with B. trimera improves the defense system of antioxidant and restores the balance ROS / NO that is altered in the inflammatory process induced by APAP. In conclusion, B. trimera extracts exert antioxidant properties by scavenging ROS and decrease the expression of genes responsible by reactive species production in neutrophils.
- Current pharmaceutical biotechnology.Curr Pharm Biotechnol.2014 Nov;14(11):975-84.
- Acetaminophen is a common analgesic and antipyretic compound which, when administered in high doses, has been associated with significant morbidity and mortality, secondary to hepatic toxicity. Although this may be due to a direct interaction of reactive acetaminophen metabolites with hepatocyte pro
- PMID 24372242
- Thin layer chromatography-densitometric determination of some non-sedating antihistamines in combination with pseudoephedrine or acetaminophen in synthetic mixtures and in pharmaceutical formulations.
- El-Kommos ME, El-Gizawy SM, Atia NN, Hosny NM.Author information Department of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Assiut University, Assiut, 71526, Egypt.AbstractThe combination of certain non-sedating antihistamines (NSA) such as fexofenadine (FXD), ketotifen (KET) and loratadine (LOR) with pseudoephedrine (PSE) or acetaminophen (ACE) is widely used in the treatment of allergic rhinitis, conjunctivitis and chronic urticaria. A rapid, simple, selective and precise densitometric method was developed and validated for simultaneous estimation of six synthetic binary mixtures and their pharmaceutical dosage forms. The method employed thin layer chromatography aluminum plates precoated with silica gel G 60 F254 as the stationary phase. The mobile phases chosen for development gave compact bands for the mixtures FXD-PSE (I), KET-PSE (II), LOR-PSE (III), FXD-ACE (IV), KET-ACE (V) and LOR-ACE (VI) [Retardation factor (Rf ) values were (0.20, 0.32), (0.69, 0.34), (0.79, 0.13), (0.36, 0.70), (0.51, 0.30) and (0.76, 0.26), respectively]. Spectrodensitometric scanning integration was performed at 217, 218, 218, 233, 272 and 251 nm for the mixtures I-VI, respectively. The linear regression data for the calibration plots showed an excellent linear relationship. The method was validated for precision, accuracy, robustness and recovery. Limits of detection and quantitation were calculated. Statistical analysis proved that the method is reproducible and selective for the simultaneous estimation of these binary mixtures. Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Biomedical chromatography : BMC.Biomed Chromatogr.2014 Mar;28(3):391-400. doi: 10.1002/bmc.3033. Epub 2013 Sep 30.
- The combination of certain non-sedating antihistamines (NSA) such as fexofenadine (FXD), ketotifen (KET) and loratadine (LOR) with pseudoephedrine (PSE) or acetaminophen (ACE) is widely used in the treatment of allergic rhinitis, conjunctivitis and chronic urticaria. A rapid, simple, selective and p
- PMID 24123121
- Role of connexin 32 in acetaminophen toxicity in a knockout mice model.
- Igarashi I1, Maejima T2, Kai K2, Arakawa S2, Teranishi M2, Sanbuissho A2.Author information 1Medicinal Safety Research Laboratories, Daiichi Sankyo Co. Ltd., Fukuroi, Shizuoka 437-0065, Japan. Electronic address: email@example.comMedicinal Safety Research Laboratories, Daiichi Sankyo Co. Ltd., Fukuroi, Shizuoka 437-0065, Japan.AbstractGap junctional intercellular communication (GJIC), by which glutathione (GSH) and inorganic ions are transmitted to neighboring cells, is recognized as being largely involved in toxic processes of chemicals. We examined acetaminophen (APAP)-induced hepatotoxicity clinicopathologically using male wild-type mice and mice lacking the gene for connexin32, a major gap junction protein in the liver [knockout (Cx32KO) mice]. When APAP was intraperitoneally administered at doses of 100, 200, or 300mg/kg, hepatic centrilobular necrosis with elevated plasma aminotransferase activities was observed in wild-type mice receiving 300mg/kg, and in Cx32KO mice given 100mg/kg or more. At 200mg/kg or more, hepatic GSH and GSSG contents decreased significantly and the effect was more severe in wild-type mice than in Cx32KO mice. On the other hand, markedly decreased GSH staining was observed in the hepatic centrilobular zones of Cx32KO mice compared to that of wild-type mice. These results demonstrate that Cx32KO mice are more susceptible to APAP hepatotoxicity than wild-type mice, and indicate that the distribution of GSH of the centrilobular zones in the hepatic lobules, rather than GSH and GSSG contents in the liver, is important in APAP hepatotoxicity. In conclusion, Cx32 protects against APAP-induced hepatic centrilobular necrosis in mice, which may be through the GSH transmission to neighboring hepatocytes by GJIC.
- Experimental and toxicologic pathology : official journal of the Gesellschaft für Toxikologische Pathologie.Exp Toxicol Pathol.2014 Mar;66(2-3):103-10. doi: 10.1016/j.etp.2013.10.002. Epub 2013 Nov 19.
- Gap junctional intercellular communication (GJIC), by which glutathione (GSH) and inorganic ions are transmitted to neighboring cells, is recognized as being largely involved in toxic processes of chemicals. We examined acetaminophen (APAP)-induced hepatotoxicity clinicopathologically using male wil
- PMID 24263089
- Aquaporin-4 deletion in mice reduces encephalopathy and brain edema in experimental acute liver failure.
- Rama Rao KV1, Verkman AS2, Curtis KM3, Norenberg MD4.Author information 1Department of Pathology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.orgDepartment of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA; Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA.3Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA; Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Miami, FL 33125, USA.4Department of Pathology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA; Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA; Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Miami, FL 33125, USA. Electronic address: email@example.com.AbstractBrain edema and associated astrocyte swelling leading to increased intracranial pressure are hallmarks of acute liver failure (ALF). Elevated blood and brain levels of ammonia have been implicated in the development of brain edema in ALF. Cultured astrocytes treated with ammonia have been shown to undergo cell swelling and such swelling was associated with an increase in the plasma membrane expression of aquaporin-4 (AQP4) protein. Further, silencing the AQP4 gene in cultured astrocytes was shown to prevent the ammonia-induced cell swelling. Here, we examined the evolution of brain edema in AQP4-null mice and their wild type counterparts (WT-mice) in different models of ALF induced by thioacetamide (TAA) or acetaminophen (APAP). Induction of ALF with TAA or APAP significantly increased brain water content in WT mice (by 1.6%±0.3 and 2.3±0.4%, respectively). AQP4 protein was significantly increased in brain plasma membranes of WT mice with ALF induced by either TAA or APAP. In contrast to WT-mice, brain water content did not increase in AQP4-null mice. Additionally, AQP4-null mice treated with either TAA or APAP showed a remarkably lesser degree of neurological deficits as compared to WT mice; the latter displayed an inability to maintain proper gait, and demonstrated a markedly reduced exploratory behavior, with the mice remaining in one corner of the cage with its head tilted downwards. These results support a central role of AQP4 in the brain edema associated with ALF.
- Neurobiology of disease.Neurobiol Dis.2014 Mar;63:222-8. doi: 10.1016/j.nbd.2013.11.018. Epub 2013 Dec 7.
- Brain edema and associated astrocyte swelling leading to increased intracranial pressure are hallmarks of acute liver failure (ALF). Elevated blood and brain levels of ammonia have been implicated in the development of brain edema in ALF. Cultured astrocytes treated with ammonia have been shown to u
- PMID 24321433
- 大野 忠男,谷山 貴一,隅田 佐知,芝 規良,澁谷 徹
- 松本歯学 39(1), 12-15, 2013-06-30
- … At the first time, the patient's lower firstmolar was extracted under local anesthesia with 3% prilocaine with felypressin and he had acetaminophen for the postoperative pain. … 2%lidocaine for surface anesthesia, 2% lidocaine with adrenaline, acetaminophen and cefdinir were safely used. …
- NAID 120005316686
- HYPOXIC-ISCHEMIC BRAIN INJURY IN NEWBORN RAT : NEUROPROTECTIVE EFFECTS OF ACETAMINOPHEN AND THE INVOLVEMENT OF ACID SPHINGOMYELINASE ACTIVATION
- Oguma Rena,Ishida-Nakajima Wako,Kawamura Masanari,Miura Shinobu,Oyama Chikako,Sato Yoko,Arai Hirokazu,Takahashi Tsutomu
- 秋田医学 39(3-4), 109-118, 2013-03-00
- … Acetaminophen is widely used as an analgesic and antipyretic medication. … Recently, acetaminophen has been shown as effective against neuronal cell death through its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. … In this study, we used the Rice-Vannucci model to examine whether the administration of acetaminophen was protective against hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in immature rat brain. …
- NAID 110009575398
- 症例報告 肝組織像の経過を追えた中毒性表皮壊死症に合併した胆管消失症候群の1例
- 和達 礼子,須田 英明,大谷 啓一,佐藤 田鶴子,伊藤 公一,森田 章介
- 歯科薬物療法 32(1), 16-27, 2013
- … The aim of this study was to establish a quantitative criterion for evaluating the effect of analgesics on odontogenic pain.One hundred and sixteen patients with odontogenic pain were prescribed 60mg loxoprofen sodium hydrate, 500mg mefenamic acid or 400mg acetaminophen. …
- NAID 130003373394
- Acetaminophen is used to treat many conditions such as headache, muscle aches, arthritis, backache, toothaches, colds and fevers. Includes acetaminophen side effects, interactions and indications. ... How should I take ...
- Before taking acetaminophen, tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to acetaminophen, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in the product. Ask your pharmacist or check the label on the package ...
- The latest Tweets from Acetaminophen (@aminophen). 大学院生（2015.04〜，専門は化学）アセトアミノフェン。一分子生物物理学の研究室。ブログは主に化学・LaTeX・フォント。東筑109 / UT2011-S1-32 / appchem2013 / nojilabM1 ...
- acetaminophen APAP
- パラセタモール paracetamol
- (第2類医薬品)タイレノール Tylenol
- アセトフェネチジン acetophenetidin
- Para-Aminophenol Derivatives: acetaminophen
- Acetaminophen (paracetamol; N-acetyl-p-aminophenol; TYLENOL, others) is the active metabolite of phenacetin, a so-called coal tar analgesic. (Due to its association with analgesic nephropathy, hemolytic anemia, and perhaps bladder cancer, phenacetin is no longer available for medicinal purposes.)
- pyrazolone derivative analgesic-antipyretic