- abortion、abortive、break、discontinuance、discontinuation、discontinue、discontinuity、interrupt、interruption、miscarriage、miscarry、pause、spontaneous abortion、stop、suspend、withdraw、withdrawal
- the act of terminating a project or procedure before it is completed; "I wasted a year of my life working on an abort"; "he sent a short message requesting an abort due to extreme winds in the area"
- cease development, die, and be aborted; "an aborting fetus"
- terminate a pregnancy by undergoing an abortion
- terminate before completion; "abort the mission"; "abort the process running on my computer"
- termination of pregnancy
- prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations" (同)break off, discontinue, stop
- happen; "Report the news as it develops"; "These political movements recrudesce from time to time" (同)recrudesce, develop
- become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart" (同)separate, split up, fall_apart, come apart
- be broken in; "If the new teacher wont break, well add some stress"
- crack; of the male voice in puberty; "his voice is breaking--he should no longer sing in the choir"
- destroy the integrity of; usually by force; cause to separate into pieces or fragments; "He broke the glass plate"; "She broke the match"
- diminish or discontinue abruptly; "The patients fever broke last night"
- fall sharply; "stock prices broke"
- render inoperable or ineffective; "You broke the alarm clock when you took it apart!"
- weaken or destroy in spirit or body; "His resistance was broken"; "a man broken by the terrible experience of near-death"
- vary or interrupt a uniformity or continuity; "The flat plain was broken by tall mesas"
- (tennis) a score consisting of winning a game when your opponent was serving; "he was up two breaks in the second set" (同)break of serve
- an escape from jail; "the breakout was carefully planned" (同)breakout, jailbreak, gaolbreak, prisonbreak, prison-breaking
- an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account" (同)interruption, disruption, gap
- a sudden dash; "he made a break for the open door"
- the opening shot that scatters the balls in billiards or pool
- an unexpected piece of good luck; "he finally got his big break" (同)good_luck, happy chance
- an abrupt change in the tone or register of the voice (as at puberty or due to emotion); "then there was a break in her voice"
- the occurrence of breaking; "the break in the dam threatened the valley"
- interrupt a continued activity; "She had broken with the traditional patterns" (同)break away
- break a piece from a whole; "break a branch from a tree" (同)break off, snap off
- move away or escape suddenly; "The horses broke from the stable"; "Three inmates broke jail"; "Nobody can break out--this prison is high security" (同)break_out, break away
- destroy the completeness of a set of related items; "The book dealer would not break the set" (同)break_up
- force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up; "break into tears"; "erupt in anger" (同)burst, erupt
- ruin completely; "He busted my radio!" (同)bust
- be released or become known; of news; "News of her death broke in the morning" (同)get_out, get_around
- go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely" (同)wear, wear_out, bust, fall_apart
- become punctured or penetrated; "The skin broke"
- cause the failure or ruin of; "His peccadilloes finally broke his marriage"; "This play will either make or break the playwright"
- cause to give up a habit; "She finally broke herself of smoking cigarettes"
- change directions suddenly
- change suddenly from one tone quality or register to another; "Her voice broke to a whisper when she started to talk about her children"
- come forth or begin from a state of latency; "The first winter storm broke over New York"
- come into being; "light broke over the horizon"; "Voices broke in the air"
- come to an end; "The heat wave finally broke yesterday"
- curl over and fall apart in surf or foam, of waves; "The surf broke"
- emerge from the surface of a body of water; "The whales broke"
- exchange for smaller units of money; "I had to break a $100 bill just to buy the candy"
- find a flaw in; "break an alibi"; "break down a proof"
- find the solution or key to; "break the code"
- give up; "break cigarette smoking"
- happen or take place; "Things have been breaking pretty well for us in the past few months"
- interrupt the flow of current in; "break a circuit"
- invalidate by judicial action; "The will was broken"
- make a rupture in the ranks of the enemy or ones own by quitting or fleeing; "The ranks broke"
- make the opening shot that scatters the balls
- pierce or penetrate; "The blade broke her skin"
- scatter or part; "The clouds broke after the heavy downpour"
- separate from a clinch, in boxing; "The referee broke the boxers"
- undergo breaking; "The simple vowels broke in many Germanic languages"
- cause to stop; "stop a car"; "stop the thief"
- a brief stay in the course of a journey; "they made a stopover to visit their friends" (同)stopover, layover
- the act of stopping something; "the third baseman made some remarkable stops"; "his stoppage of the flow resulted in a flood" (同)stoppage
- (music) a knob on an organ that is pulled to change the sound quality from the organ pipes; "the organist pulled out all the stops"
- the event of something ending; "it came to a stop at the bottom of the hill" (同)halt
- a spot where something halts or pauses; "his next stop is Atlanta"
- come to a halt, stop moving; "the car stopped"; "She stopped in front of a store window" (同)halt
- stop from happening or developing; "Block his election"; "Halt the process" (同)halt, block, kibosh
- interrupt a trip; "we stopped at Aunt Marys house"; "they stopped for three days in Florence" (同)stop over
- destroy the peace or tranquility of; "Dont interrupt me when Im reading" (同)disturb
- terminate; "She interrupted her pregnancy"; "break a lucky streak"; "break the cycle of poverty" (同)break
- a signal that temporarily stops the execution of a program so that another procedure can be carried out
- interfere in someone elses activity; "Please dont interrupt me while Im on the phone" (同)disrupt
- make a break in; "We interrupt the program for the following messages" (同)disrupt, break_up, cut_off
- pull back or move away or backward; "The enemy withdrew"; "The limo pulled away from the curb" (同)retreat, pull away, draw back, recede, pull_back, retire, move back
- remove (a commodity) from (a supply source); "She drew $2,000 from the account"; "The doctors drew medical supplies from the hospitals emergency bank" (同)draw, take_out, draw_off
- render temporarily ineffective; "the prison sentence was suspended"
- cause to be held in suspension in a fluid; "suspend the particles"
- bar temporarily; from school, office, etc. (同)debar
- make inoperative or stop; "suspend payments on the loan" (同)set aside
- hang freely; "The secret police suspended their victims from the ceiling and beat them"
- 流産する / 〈動植物や器官などが〉十分に発育しない / 〈計画が〉失敗する,中止となる / 〈胎児〉'を'流産させる / 〈計画など〉'を'中止する
- 〈U〉〈C〉流産;妊娠中絶 / 〈U〉(計画などの)失敗;〈C〉(実現しなかった)案,計画
- …'を'『壊す』,割る,砕く;…'を'折る / …'を'擦りむく / …'を'『役に立たなくする』,壊す / (小さな物に)〈組になった物〉'を'分ける,ばらす,〈お金〉'を'くずす《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / 〈垣・へいなど〉'を'破って出る / 〈法律・規則・約束など〉'を'『破る』,犯す / 〈均整・秩序・配列など〉'を'破る,くずす;〈持続しているもの〉'を'中止する,妨げる / 〈記録〉'を'破る,更新する / (…に)…'を'打ち明ける,知らせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / …'を'破産させる,倒産させる / 〈気力・抵抗など〉'を'くじく;〈力・効果・強度〉'を'弱める / (…に)…‘の'位を下げる,…'を'降等させる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈動物〉'を'ならす / 〈人〉‘の'(…の)癖を直す《+『名』〈人〉+『of』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈暗号など〉'を'解読する;〈事件・問題など〉を解決する,解く / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》『壊れる』,砕ける,割れる;破れる,破裂する / ぷっつりと切れる;中断する,途切れる;《米》仕事を中断する / はずれる,離れる,分離する《+『off』(『away』)》 / 故障する,壊れる,動かなくなる / 突然始まる;突然変化する / 夜が明ける / 〈健康・気力などが〉衰える,弱る;〈心が〉悲しみに打ちひしがれる / 〈株・価格などが〉急落する,暴落する / 壊れた箇所,裂け目,割れ目 / 中断,途切れ;不和,仲たがい / 休憩時間,小休止 / 逃亡計画,脱獄 / (…に向かっての)突進 / 急な変化,顕著な変化 / 夜明け / 《話》運,機会
- 〈動いているもの〉‘を'『止める』 / 〈供給など〉‘を'停止する / …‘を'阻止する,やめさせる / 〈自分がしていること〉‘を'『やめる』,中断する / 〈穴・口など〉‘を'ふさぐ,〈びんなど〉‘に'せんをする / 〈相手の一撃など〉‘を'かわす;〈相手〉‘を'打ち負かす,ノックアウトする / 〈楽器の弦・穴〉‘を'指で押さえる,〈音〉‘を'指で押さえて出す / 〈動いているものが〉『止まる』,停止する,立ち止まる / 〈仕事・話などが〉『中断する』;〈雨などが〉やむ / 〈人が〉仕事(話など)をやめる,手を休める,一息つく / 《話》(…に)滞在する,とどまる《+『at』+『名』〈場所〉『,』+『with』+『名』〈人〉》 / 『止まること』,停止,中止,中断 / (旅先での)短期間の滞在,立ち寄り / (道路の)停留所 / (穴などを)ふさぐこと…(びんなどの)せん / (パイプオルガンなどの)ストップ,音栓(肝先) / 句読点,(特に)終止符 / (レンズの)絞り / 閉鎖音([p][b][k]など)
- (行動や話の途中で)〈人〉‘を'『さえぎる』,妨げる / 〈行為・話など〉‘を'『中断する』 / 〈物事〉‘を'さえぎる / 『じゃまする』,話の腰を折る
- (…から)…‘を'『引っ込める』《+名+from+名》 / (…から)…‘の'身を引かせる,‘を'退かせる《+名+from+名》 / (…から)…‘を'引き出す,回収する《+名+from+名》 / 〈申し出・約束など〉‘を'取り消す,撤回する / 『引き下がる』;(…から,…へ)退く《+from(into)+名》 / (…から)身を引く《+from+名(doing)》 / よける,身をかわす / 取り消す,撤回する
- (…から)…‘を'『つるす』,ぶら下げる《+名+from+名》 / 《受動態で》(つるしたように,空中・水中などに)…‘を'静止させる,浮かせる / 〈法律・免状などの〉効力を当分停止する;…‘を'一時止める / 《受動態で》〈人〉‘を'停学(停職,出場停止)にする / 一時的に中止(停止)する
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Molecular evolution and functional divergence of Vibrio cholerae.
- Das B1, Pazhani GP, Sarkar A, Mukhopadhyay AK, Nair GB, Ramamurthy T.
- Current opinion in infectious diseases.Curr Opin Infect Dis.2016 Oct;29(5):520-7. doi: 10.1097/QCO.0000000000000306.
- PURPOSE OF REVIEW: The purpose of this review is to synopsize and highlight the recent subtle genetic changes in cholera causing toxigenic Vibrio cholerae with special reference to their virulence, integrating and conjugative elements and toxin-antitoxin systems. It is not intended to cover issues o
- PMID 27537830
- Social Stigma and Childbearing for Women Living With HIV/AIDS.
- Cuca YP1, Rose CD2.
- Qualitative health research.Qual Health Res.2016 Sep;26(11):1508-18. doi: 10.1177/1049732315596150. Epub 2015 Jul 29.
- As more women become infected with HIV, the issue of childbearing becomes increasingly salient. A more nuanced understanding of women's situations is needed to provide high-quality and relevant services and support. We examined reproductive decision making among 20 women living with HIV through in-d
- PMID 26224219
- Cytokine gene expression in aborting and non-aborting dams and in their foetuses after experimental infection with Neospora caninum at 110 days of gestation.
- Almeria S1, Serrano-Pérez B2, Darwich L3, Mur-Novales R2, Garcia-Ispierto I2, Cabezón O4, López-Gatius F2.
- Veterinary parasitology.Vet Parasitol.2016 Aug 30;227:138-42. doi: 10.1016/j.vetpar.2016.08.006. Epub 2016 Aug 4.
- Neospora caninum is a major cause of abortion in cattle. However, it is not known why not all infected animals abort. In this study, Th1 (IFN-γ), Th2 (IL4) and T reg (IL-10) cytokine gene expression was examined by real time PCR using the TaqMan approach in all of these dams and their foetuses afte
- PMID 27523950
- Therapeutic alternatives after aborted sternotomy at the time of surgical aortic valve replacement in the TAVI Era-Five centre experience and systematic review.
- Castrodeza J1, Amat-Santos IJ2, Serra V3, Nombela-Franco L4, Brinster DR5, Gutiérrez-Ibanes E6, Rojas P1, Tornos P3, Carnero M7, Cortes C1, Tobar J1, Di Stefano S1, Gomez I1, San Román JA1.
- International journal of cardiology.Int J Cardiol.2016 Aug 23;223:1019-1024. doi: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2016.08.301. [Epub ahead of print]
- BACKGROUND: We aimed to analyze causes, management, and outcomes of the unexpected need to abort sternotomy in aortic stenosis (AS) patients accepted for surgical aortic valve replacement (SAVR) in the transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) era.METHODS: Cases of aborted sternotomy (AbS) were
- PMID 27592044
- Beam-induced and cosmic-ray backgrounds observed in the ATLAS detector during the LHC 2012 proton-proton running period
- 311 有人ロケットの緊急脱出時における鉛直上向きの人体の荷重伝達の検討(GS3-1 人体の力学挙動・生体計測)
- "That Evening Sun"再読(東北英文学研究)
- abort、abortion、agenesis、hypoplasia、hypotrophy、miscarriage、miscarry、premature birth、premature delivery、premature labor、premature obstetric labor、preterm、preterm birth、preterm delivery、preterm labor、preterm labour、spontaneous abortion、unsuccessful
- abort、deprive、discontinuance、discontinuation、discontinue、drug withdrawal、free、obviate、omit、pause、recede、remove、stop、strip、suspend、withdrawal
- Brucella abortus