出典(authority):フリー百科事典『ウィキペディア（Wikipedia）』「2016/08/26 10:15:18」(JST)[Wiki en表示]
|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
|Protein binding||Approximately 96.3%.|
|Biological half-life||1.9-3.7 hours|
|CAS Number||124937-51-5 Y|
|ATC code||G04BD07 (WHO)|
|Molar mass||325.488 g/mol|
Tolterodine (Detrol, Detrusitol) is an antimuscarinic drug that is used for symptomatic treatment of urinary incontinence.
It is marketed by Pfizer in Canada and the United States by its brand name Detrol. In Egypt it is also found under the trade names Tolterodine by Sabaa and Incont L.A. by Adwia.
- 1 Use
- 2 Pharmacology
- 3 Side effects of tolterodine
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Detrusor overactivity (DO, contraction of the muscular bladder wall) is the most common form of UI in older adults. It is characterized by uninhibited bladder contractions causing an uncontrollable urge to void. Urinary frequency, urge incontinence and nocturnal incontinence occur. Abnormal bladder contractions that coincide with the urge to void can be measured by urodynamic studies. Treatment is bladder retraining, pelvic floor therapy or with drugs that inhibit bladder contractions such as oxybutinin and tolterodine.
Tolterodine acts on M2 and M3  subtypes of muscarinic receptors whereas older antimuscarinic treatments for overactive bladder act more specifically on M3 receptors. It is marketed and manufactured by Pfizer.
Tolterodine, although it acts on all types of receptors, has fewer side effects than oxybutynin (M3 and M1 selective, but more so in the parotid than in the bladder) as tolterodine targets the bladder more than other areas of the body. This means that less drug needs to be given daily (due to efficient targeting of the bladder) and so there are fewer side effects.
Side effects of tolterodine
Known side effects:
- Xerostomia (dry mouth)
- Decreased gastric motility (upset stomach)
- Dry eyes
- Urinary Retention
The following reactions have been reported in patients who have taken tolterodine since it has become available:
- Allergic reactions including swelling
- Rapid heartbeat or abnormal heartbeat
- Accumulation of fluid in the arms and legs
Not to be used in patients with myasthenia gravis and angle closure glaucoma.
- Philip Van Kerrebroeck; Karl Kreder; Udo Jonas; Norm Zinner; Alan Wein (2001). "Tolterodine once-daily: superior efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of the overactive bladder1". Urology. 57 (3): 414–421. doi:10.1016/s0090-4295(00)01113-4.
- Bladder retraining ichelp.org Interstitial Cystitis Association Accessed July 13, 2012
-  Archived November 26, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Detrol - FDA factsheet
Urologicals, including antispasmodics (G04B)
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- 1. 夜間頻尿：臨床症状、診断、および治療治療 nocturia clinical presentation diagnosis and treatment
- 2. Treatment of urinary incontinence in women
- 3. 男性の尿失禁 urinary incontinence in men
- 4. 小児における膀胱機能障害のマネージメント management of bladder dysfunction in children
- 5. 男性における下部尿路症状 lower urinary tract symptoms in men
- Tolterodine is used treat overactive bladder (a condition in which the bladder muscles contract uncontrollably and cause frequent urination, urgent need to urinate, and inability to control urination) to relieve urinary ...
- Easy to read patient leaflet for tolterodine. Includes indications, proper use, special instructions, precautions, and possible side effects. ... If OVERDOSE is suspected: Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison ...
- 健常成人には酒石酸トルテロジン4mg 1T
- 腎障害、肝障害、CYP3A4阻害のマクロライド系抗生物質・アゾール系抗真菌薬の服用の場合には、酒石酸トルテロジン2mg 1T