- Evaluation of cutaneous palpebral anthrax.
- Tekin R, Ari S, Dal T, Kaya S, Kortak MZ, Dursun B, Dayan S.SourceDepartment of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases .
- Cutaneous and ocular toxicology.Cutan Ocul Toxicol.2013 Oct;32(4):294-8. doi: 10.3109/15569527.2013.781620. Epub 2013 Apr 8.
- Abstract Context: Anthrax is a rare disease caused by Bacillus anthracis. Antrax is zoonotic disease and is often encountered in persons engaged in animal husbandry. Cutaneous anthrax is approximately 95% of anthrax in humans. Palbebral involvement is rare. Objective: In this study, we aimed to eval
- PMID 23566172
- The effect of an acidic cleanser versus soap on the skin pH and micro-flora of adult patients: A non-randomised two group crossover study in an intensive care unit.
- Duncan CN, Riley TV, Carson KC, Budgeon CA, Siffleet J.SourceICU Research Nurse, Intensive Care Unit, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Hospital Avenue, Nedlands, Western Australia, Australia; School of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, The University of Western Australia, Division of Microbiology & Infectious Diseases, PathWest Laboratory Medicine, Queen Elizabeth II Medical Centre, Hospital Avenue, Nedlands, Western Australia, Australia. Electronic address: Christine.Duncan@health.wa.gov.au.
- Intensive & critical care nursing : the official journal of the British Association of Critical Care Nurses.Intensive Crit Care Nurs.2013 Oct;29(5):291-6. doi: 10.1016/j.iccn.2013.03.005. Epub 2013 May 10.
- OBJECTIVES: To test the effects of two different cleansing regimens on skin surface pH and micro-flora, in adult patients in the intensive care unit (ICU).RESEARCH METHODOLOGY: Forty-three patients were recruited from a 23-bed tertiary medical/surgical ICU. The nineteen patients in Group One were wa
- PMID 23665029
- Clinical Aspects of Infection with Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus USA300 Strain, Generally Regarded as Community-Acquired, in Japan
- Nakamura Itaru,Yamaguchi Tetsuo,Miura Yuri,Shimizu Hiroyuki,Fukushima Shinji,Mizuno Yasutaka,Matsumoto Tetsuya
- Japanese Journal of Infectious Diseases 66(5), 416-420, 2013
- … CA-MRSA infections with the USA300 clone are very rare in Japan. … In this study, we describe 4 cases of CA-MRSA infections, particularly the USA300 clone. … Both men were members of a combat sports gym where other members also had skin infections. … Only 5 cases of USA300 infections were reported in Japan from 2007 to 2009, and 4 cases were detected at Tokyo Medical University Hospital from 2010 to 2011. …
- NAID 130003381719
- Outbreak of Multiresistant OXA-24- and OXA-51-Producing Acinetobacter baumannii in an Internal Medicine Ward
- Tena Daniel,Martínez Nora Mariela,Oteo Jesús,Sáez David,Vindel Ana,Azañedo María Luisa,Sánchez Lorenzo,Espinosa Alfredo,Cobos Juan,Sánchez Rosario,Otero Ignacio,Bisquert Julia
- Japanese Journal of Infectious Diseases 66(4), 323-326, 2013
- … Over a 6-week period, 5 MRAB isolates were recovered from 5 patients, including 1 with fatal meningitis, 3 with skin and soft tissue infections, and 1 with respiratory colonization. …
- NAID 130003381697