- Effect of stem cells on renal recovery in rat model of partial unilateral upper ureteric obstruction.
- Sugandhi N, Srinivas M, Agarwala S, Gupta DK, Sharma S, Sinha A, Dinda A, Mohanty S.Author information Department of Pediatric Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India, firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractBACKGROUND: Untreated obstructive uropathy produces irreversible renal damage and is an important cause of pediatric renal insufficiency. This study was designed to evaluate the effects of stem cell injection on morphological and pathological changes in the rat kidneys with partial unilateral upper ureteric obstruction (PUUUO).
- Pediatric surgery international.Pediatr Surg Int.2014 Feb;30(2):233-8. doi: 10.1007/s00383-013-3456-8.
- BACKGROUND: Untreated obstructive uropathy produces irreversible renal damage and is an important cause of pediatric renal insufficiency. This study was designed to evaluate the effects of stem cell injection on morphological and pathological changes in the rat kidneys with partial unilateral upper
- PMID 24370792
- Laparoscopic Ureterolysis and Omental Wrapping in Patients with Retroperitoneal Fibrosis and Obstructive Uropathy: A Single-Center Experience.
- Arvind NK, Singh O, Ali Q, Singh J, Gupta SS, Sahay S.Author information 1 Department of Urology, Bhopal Memorial Hospital & Research Centre , Bhopal, India .AbstractAbstract Objectives: To analyze the outcomes with mid- to long-term follow-up of laparoscopic ureterolysis (LU) and omental wrapping in retroperitoneal fibrosis (RPF) with obstructive uropathy. Patients and Methods: Records of 9 patients with RPF who had obstructive uropathy at presentation and had undergone LU and omental wrapping at our center during January 2004 to June 2012 were collected and analyzed. Results: Six females and three males underwent LU for RPF. Underlying causes of RPF could not be found in 8 (89%) cases. Two patients underwent bilateral LU. Mean operative time and estimated blood loss were 213 minutes (range, 180-280 minutes) and 119 mL (range, 70-200 mL), respectively. No case required conversion to open surgery. The only significant intraoperative complication (1/9 [11%]) was ureteral injury, which was easily repaired intraoperatively. The postoperative complication rate was 44% (4/9). Most complications (75% [3/4]) were minor and did not need specific treatment. The mean follow-up period was 46 months (range, 4-72 months). The success rate at last follow-up was 89%. Conclusions: Treatment of RPF is still controversial. Any future prospective randomized comparative trials seem unlikely in view of the low incidence of RPF. LU and omental wrapping in the setting of obstructive uropathy are safe and an effective alternative with a high success rate at mid- to long-term follow-up.
- Journal of laparoendoscopic & advanced surgical techniques. Part A.J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A.2014 Jan 30. [Epub ahead of print]
- Abstract Objectives: To analyze the outcomes with mid- to long-term follow-up of laparoscopic ureterolysis (LU) and omental wrapping in retroperitoneal fibrosis (RPF) with obstructive uropathy. Patients and Methods: Records of 9 patients with RPF who had obstructive uropathy at presentation and had
- PMID 24479819
- Urinary schistosomiasis.
- Bamgbola OF.Author information Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Children's Hospital of New Orleans, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, 200 Henry Clay Avenue, New Orleans, LA, 70118, USA, email@example.com.AbstractSchistosomiasis is the second most common socio-economically devastating parasitic disease after malaria, affecting about 240 million residents of developing countries. In Africa, it predominantly manifests as urogenital disease, and the main infective agent is Schistosoma hematobium. Endemicity is propagated by poor socio-economic status and environmental degradation due to rapid urbanization. Recreational swimming is a potent medium for the spread of disease in children and adolescents. Most affected individuals are asymptomatic. The male and female worms are equipped with an extraordinary capacity for immune evasion and are able to co-habit for several decades within the pelvic venous plexus. Eggs deposited in the bladder wall resist elimination by type 1 T lymphocytes. Instead, they are sustained by pro-fibrogenic encapsulation (as modulated by type 2 helper cells). Progressive bladder disease results in obstructive uropathy and predisposes to (mostly) squamous cell carcinoma. Schistosomal glomerulopathy manifests as a clinical spectrum of asymptomatic proteinuria, nephrosis and/or nephritic syndrome. Findings on renal biopsy may be influenced by co-morbidity with Salmonella bacteria, amyloidosis and hepatitis C infection. Potentially fatal Katayama fever and spinal radiculopathy may ensue in tourists visiting an endemic zone. Early detection by urine microscopy is hampered by low urinary excretion rates of the parasite eggs. Although useful in travelers with newly acquired disease, the results of the serological antibody assay may be false positive in residents of an endemic zone. Cystoscopy, however, may be invaluable. Due to its safety, effectiveness and once-daily dosing, praziquantel is the drug of choice. An integrated approach that includes mass chemotherapy, environmental health programs and public health education is the most cost-effective preventive strategy.
- Pediatric nephrology (Berlin, Germany).Pediatr Nephrol.2014 Jan 28. [Epub ahead of print]
- Schistosomiasis is the second most common socio-economically devastating parasitic disease after malaria, affecting about 240 million residents of developing countries. In Africa, it predominantly manifests as urogenital disease, and the main infective agent is Schistosoma hematobium. Endemicity is
- PMID 24469437
- CAKUT(congenital anomalies of the kidney and urinary tract)に対する画像検査—排尿時膀胱尿道造影(VCUG)と核医学検査—
- 白柳 慶之,山崎 雄一郎
- Nihon Shoni Jinzobyo Gakkai Zasshi 26(1), 33-42, 2013
- CAKUTは尿路における先天異常の総称で腎臓(e.g. 腎低形成，腎異形成)，腎盂尿管(e.g. 水腎症，巨大尿管症)，膀胱(e.g. 尿管瘤，膀胱尿管逆流(VUR))，尿道(e.g. 後部尿道弁(PUV))などの疾患を含む。胎児期に発見されるCAKUTは中枢神経系の異常に次いで多く，全出生の0.3～0.6%にのぼる。出生後早期にVCUGを行った方が良い病態は，1．膀胱の変形，壁の肥厚・巨大膀胱 …
- NAID 130003384552
- Obstructive Uropathy Caused by Atherosclerotic Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Wu Chia-Jung,Hou Sen-Kuang,How Chorng-Kuang,Hung-Tsang Yen David
- Internal Medicine 51(1), 133-133, 2012
- NAID 130002062439
- 症例報告 全前置胎盤術後に水腎症を伴わない急性腎後性腎不全を呈した1例
- 石井 晶子,松本 隆万,山村 倫啓 [他]
- 東京産科婦人科学会会誌 60(4), 656-660, 2011-12
- NAID 40019362069
- obstructive uropathy, any pathologic condition that blocks the flow of urine. Causes of the condition include prostate enlargement, renal calculi, and congenital stenosis. The condition may lead to impairment of kidney function and an ...
- Obstructive uropathy is a condition in which the flow of urine is blocked. This causes the urine to back up back up and injure one or both kidneys. ... Obstructive uropathy occurs when urine cannot drain through a ureter ...
|拡張検索||「upper obstructive uropathy」|
- obstructive uropathy