- Cholesteryl ester transfer between lipoproteins does not require a ternary tunnel complex with CETP.
- Lauer ME1, Graff-Meyer A2, Rufer AC1, Maugeais C1, von der Mark E1, Matile H1, D'Arcy B1, Magg C3, Ringler P2, Müller SA2, Scherer S2, Dernick G1, Thoma R1, Hennig M4, Niesor EJ5, Stahlberg H6.
- Journal of structural biology.J Struct Biol.2016 May;194(2):191-198. doi: 10.1016/j.jsb.2016.02.016. Epub 2016 Feb 12.
- The cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP) enables the transfer of cholesteryl ester (CE) from high-density lipoproteins (HDL) to low-density lipoproteins (LDL) in the plasma compartment. CETP inhibition raises plasma levels of HDL cholesterol; a ternary tunnel complex with CETP bridging HDL and
- PMID 26876146
- Mendelian randomization to assess causal effects of blood lipids on coronary heart disease: lessons from the past and applications to the future.
- Burgess S1, Harshfield E.
- Current opinion in endocrinology, diabetes, and obesity.Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes.2016 Apr;23(2):124-30. doi: 10.1097/MED.0000000000000230.
- PURPOSE OF REVIEW: Mendelian randomization is a technique for judging the causal impact of a risk factor on an outcome from observational data using genetic variants. Although evidence from Mendelian randomization for the effects of major lipids and lipoproteins on coronary heart disease (CHD) risk
- PMID 26910273
- Triglycerides to high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol ratio, glycemic control and cardiovascular risk in obese patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Quispe R1, Martin SS, Jones SR.
- Current opinion in endocrinology, diabetes, and obesity.Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes.2016 Apr;23(2):150-6. doi: 10.1097/MED.0000000000000241.
- PURPOSE OF REVIEW: This article provides an update on the role of the triglyceride to high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol (triglyceride/HDL-C) ratio in the setting of obesity-related insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes mellitus.RECENT FINDINGS: Insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes mellitus are
- PMID 26863278
- Dysfunctional High-Density Lipoprotein and the Potential of Apolipoprotein A-1 Mimetic Peptides to Normalize the Composition and Function of Lipoproteins
- IMAIZUMI Satoshi,NAVAB Mohamad,MORGANTINI Cecilia,CHARLES-SCHOEMAN Christina,SU Feng,GAO Feng,KWON Murray,GANAPATHY Ekambaram,MERIWETHER David,FARIAS-EISNER Robin,FOGELMAN Alan M.,REDDY Srinivasa T.
- Circulation journal : official journal of the Japanese Circulation Society 75(7), 1533-1538, 2011-06-25
- … Although high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol (HDL-C) levels in large epidemiological studies are inversely related to the risk of coronary heart disease (CHD), increasing the level of circulating HDL-C does not necessarily decrease the risk of CHD events, CHD deaths, or mortality. … This review focuses on recent studies of dysfunctional HDL in animal models and human disease, and the potential of apoA-I mimetic peptides to normalize the composition and function of lipoproteins. …
- NAID 10029125929
- While other studies have shown reductions in total cholesterol with garlic oil supplementation, in this study total cholesterol, high-density lipoproteins, low-density lipoproteins, and triglyceride levels were virtually unchanged following ...
- WebMD looks at HDL cholesterol, or ... What Makes HDL Cholesterol so Good? HDL is short for high-density lipoprotein. Each bit of HDL cholesterol is a microscopic blob that consists of a rim of lipoprotein surrounding ...
- high up
- in high spirits