- Evaluation and management of herpes zoster ophthalmicus.
- Shaikh S, Ta CN.SourceStanford University Medical Center, California, USA.
- American family physician.Am Fam Physician.2002 Nov 1;66(9):1723-30.
- Herpes zoster ophthalmicus occurs when the varicella-zoster virus is reactivated in the ophthalmic division of the trigeminal nerve. Herpes zoster ophthalmicus represents up to one fourth of all cases of herpes zoster. Most patients with herpes zoster ophthalmicus present with a periorbital vesicula
- PMID 12449270
- 11 Apr 2008 ... However, if you are experiencing it, you can take prescription medications like acydovir, valacylovir and famcidovir. These prescriptions will shorten the outbreak or even prevent the female symptoms of herpes entirely. ...