- Tonsillectomy as a treatment for psoriasis: a review.
- Wu W1, Debbaneh M, Moslehi H, Koo J, Liao W.
- The Journal of dermatological treatment.J Dermatolog Treat.2014 Dec;25(6):482-6. doi: 10.3109/09546634.2013.848258. Epub 2013 Nov 27.
- Psoriasis is a chronic skin disorder that affects 1% to 3% of the general population worldwide. Streptococcal infection, especially streptococcal pharyngitis, has been shown to be a significant trigger of psoriasis in some patients, possibly by sensitizing T cells to keratin epitopes in the skin. Du
- PMID 24283892
- Three cases of perioral dermatitis related to fusobacteria treated with β-lactam antibiotics.
- Ishiguro N1, Maeda A, Suzuki K, Yamana Y, Fukuya Y, Kawashima M.
- The Journal of dermatological treatment.J Dermatolog Treat.2014 Dec;25(6):507-9. doi: 10.3109/09546634.2012.757284. Epub 2013 Feb 24.
- BACKGROUND: The oral tetracyclines, especially minocycline hydrochloride, are often used as an effective treatment for perioral dermatitis; however, they are sometimes difficult to use, especially in children, because of the side effects.OBJECTIVE: The effectiveness of β-lactam antibiotics was eval
- PMID 23240905
- Automated microfluidically controlled electrochemical biosensor for the rapid and highly sensitive detection of Francisella tularensis.
- Dulay SB1, Gransee R2, Julich S3, Tomaso H3, O׳ Sullivan CK4.
- Biosensors & bioelectronics.Biosens Bioelectron.2014 Sep 15;59C:342-349. doi: 10.1016/j.bios.2014.03.024. Epub 2014 Apr 12.
- Tularemia is a highly infectious zoonotic disease caused by a Gram-negative coccoid rod bacterium, Francisella tularensis. Tularemia is considered as a life-threatening potential biological warfare agent due to its high virulence, transmission, mortality and simplicity of cultivation. In the work re
- PMID 24747573
- 岡宮 智史,宮下 元明,室井 昌彦,平戸 純子,近松 一朗
- 耳鼻咽喉科臨床 108(3), 201-205, 2015
- … We must analyze the specific features of infectious mononucleosis in detail to reach the precise diagnosis of Epstein-Barr virus infection obscured by severe bacterial infections. …
- NAID 130004827528
- Anethole inhibits growth of recently emerged multidrug resistant toxigenic Vibrio cholerae O1 El Tor variant strains in vitro
- , , ,
- Journal of Veterinary Medical Science advpub(0), 2015
- … To search natural compounds having inhibitory effect on bacterial growth is important, particularly in view of growing multidrug resistant (MDR) strains of bacterial pathogens. … Like other bacterial pathogens, MDR Vibrio cholerae, the causative agent of diarrheal disease cholera, is becoming a great concern. … cholerae mediated infections. …
- NAID 130004781076
- Persistence of uterine bacterial infection, and its associations with endometritis and ovarian function in postpartum dairy cows
- , , , ,
- Journal of Reproduction and Development 61(1), 54-60, 2015
- … We investigated the relationship between the persistence of uterine bacterial infections with cytologically determined endometritis and ovarian function in 65 postpartum Holstein cows. … 17%) comprised cows with bacterial infections at week 5 pp but that were clear of infection at week 7 pp. … 15%) comprised cows with bacterial infections at weeks 5 and 7 pp (persistence of infection). …
- NAID 130004774183
- There are many types of bacterial infections. Learn about bacterial infections that can make you sick and how to treat them. ... Bacteria are living things that have only one cell. Under a microscope, they look like balls, rods, or ...
- Bacterial and viral infections have many things in common. Both types of infections are caused by microbes -- bacteria and viruses, respectively -- and spread by things such as: Coughing and sneezing. Contact with infected people ...