- Partnership in optimizing management of reflux symptoms: a treatment algorithm for over-the-counter proton-pump inhibitors.
- Boardman HF1, Delaney BC, Haag S.
- Current medical research and opinion.Curr Med Res Opin.2015 Jul;31(7):1309-18. doi: 10.1185/03007995.2015.1047745. Epub 2015 Jun 15.
- BACKGROUND: Uncomplicated heartburn and acid regurgitation are increasingly treated and managed using over-the-counter medications. However, with over-the-counter availability of antacids, alginates, histamine 2 receptor antagonists (H2RAs), and proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs), consumers need guidance
- PMID 25950642
- Safety of medication options for treating pediatric esophagitis.
- Bardou M1, Fortinsky KJ.
- Expert opinion on drug safety.Expert Opin Drug Saf.2015 Jul;14(7):1087-96. doi: 10.1517/14740338.2015.1040389. Epub 2015 Apr 26.
- INTRODUCTION: The management of gastro-esophageal reflux and esophagitis in infants and children is challenging, and there are currently no clear practice guidelines. Given a paucity of evidence in the treatment of pediatric esophagitis, there are concerns over both the efficacy and safety of proton
- PMID 25913014
- Meta-analysis of Antacid Use and Alzheimer Disease: Implications for the Aluminum Hypothesis.
- Virk SA1, Eslick GD.
- Epidemiology (Cambridge, Mass.).Epidemiology.2015 Jun 19. [Epub ahead of print]
- BACKGROUND: Exposure to aluminum remains a controversial risk factor for Alzheimer's disease. Antacids are aluminum-rich medications that are widely used in substantial amounts, but their association with Alzheimer's disease has not been systematically quantified.METHODS: We conducted electronic sea
- PMID 26098935
- Antacids neutralise the acid made by your stomach. They are commonly used in conditions where it is helpful to neutralise the acid made in the stomach.... ... Your stomach normally produces acid to help with the digestion of food ...
- Compare antacids. Includes user reviews and ratings for individual medications. Find related monographs and prescribing information. ... Drugs.com provides accurate and independent information on more than 24,000 prescription ...
- gastric antacid, alkalizer, alkaliser, antiacid