- Rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) contain two calnexin genes which encode distinct proteins.
- Sever L, Vo NT, Bols NC, Dixon B.Author information Department of Biology, University of Waterloo, 200 University Ave W., Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1, Canada.AbstractCalnexin (IP90/P88) is an integral membrane protein of the endoplasmic reticulum that binds newly synthesized N-linked glycoproteins during their folding in the ER including MHC class I molecule. This manuscript reports the identification of two unique cDNA clones of calnexin in rainbow trout. Both encode putative mature proteins of 579 and 592 aa respectively in addition to a 24 aa signal peptide. Sequence analysis revealed that only one of the two cDNA clones encodes a putative ER retention signal, K/QEDDL, followed by a serine phosphorylation site conserved with mammalian homologs. Amino acid sequence alignment illustrated conservation of the calnexin luminal domain, which consists of a globular and a P domain, in both copies. Southern blotting revealed that there are at least two copies of the calnexin gene in the trout genome and northern blotting showed a wide tissue distribution of an estimated 3kbp calnexin transcript with an additional minor transcript of 2.3kbp expressed only in head kidney, spleen PBLs and strongly in RTS11. Importantly, the smaller transcript was predominantly upregulated in RTS11 after a 24h treatment with the calcium ionophore A23187. In western blots, calnexin was detected primarily as a 120kDa protein and upon A23187 treatment; a 100kDa band was most prominently expressed. These results suggest that in salmonids there are two differentiated versions of the calnexin gene which encode proteins that may have diverged to perform unique biological functions.
- Developmental and comparative immunology.Dev Comp Immunol.2014 Feb;42(2):211-9. doi: 10.1016/j.dci.2013.09.005. Epub 2013 Sep 20.
- Calnexin (IP90/P88) is an integral membrane protein of the endoplasmic reticulum that binds newly synthesized N-linked glycoproteins during their folding in the ER including MHC class I molecule. This manuscript reports the identification of two unique cDNA clones of calnexin in rainbow trout. Both
- PMID 24060503
- Crocetin induces apoptosis of BGC-823 human gastric cancer cells.
- He K1, Si P2, Wang H1, Tahir U3, Chen K1, Xiao J1, Duan X1, Huang R1, Xiang G1.Author information 1Department of General Surgery, The Second People's Hospital of Guangdong Province, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510317, P.R. China.2Department of General Surgery, People's Hospital of Heyuan, Heyuan, Guangdong 517001, P.R. China.3College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 10083, P.R. China.AbstractGastric cancer (GC) is one of the most common types of gastrointestinal tumors worldwide, and the side effects of chemotherapeutic drugs and the resistance to chemotherapy remain problematic in its clinical treatment. Therefore, safe and effective novel agents are urgently required. The purpose of the present study was to investigate the crocetin‑sensitive treatment of GC and its possible mechanisms. BGC‑823 human GC cells were treated with crocetin. The effects of crocetin on the viability of the cells were determined by the 3-(4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2,5-diphenyltetrazolium bromide assay. Hoechst 33258 dyeing and Rh123 staining were used to detect cell apoptosis. The BGC‑823 cells were subjected to western blotting analysis for detection of cytochrome c and cleaved caspase‑3 protein expression. Crocetin inhibited the proliferation of the GC cell line in a dose‑ and time‑dependent manner. Apoptotic BGC‑823 cells induced by crocetin were stained by Hoechst 33258 and observed under a light microscope for cell membrane staining of dense nuclei, nuclear pyknosis, fragmentation, chromatin condensation and highlighted nuclear membrane staining. This revealed a decline in the mitochondrial membrane potential of the BGC‑823 cells. Crocetin also induced caspase‑3 activation and cytochrome c translocation into the cytosol from the mitochondria. The results of this study indicate that crocetin induces the apoptosis of BGC‑823 cells, and may be used as an effective agent in the treatment of GC.
- Molecular medicine reports.Mol Med Rep.2014 Feb;9(2):521-6. doi: 10.3892/mmr.2013.1851. Epub 2013 Dec 9.
- Gastric cancer (GC) is one of the most common types of gastrointestinal tumors worldwide, and the side effects of chemotherapeutic drugs and the resistance to chemotherapy remain problematic in its clinical treatment. Therefore, safe and effective novel agents are urgently required. The purpose of
- PMID 24337515
- Cytotoxicity study on SH‑SY5Y cells cultured at high glucose levels and treated with bupivacaine.
- Li Y1, Xu S1, Zhang Q1, Li L1, Lai L1, Zheng T1, Su J2, Yang N2, Li Y2.Author information 1Department of Anesthesia, Zhujiang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510282, P.R. China.2Department of Anesthesia, Shenzhen Maternal and Child Health Hospital, Southern Medical University, Shenzhen, Guangdong 510282, P.R. China.AbstractThe aim of this study was to investigate susceptibility to the neurotoxicity of local anesthetic agents in a model of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM). SH-SY5Y cells were cultured at different concentrations of glucose and subsequently treated with 1 mmol/l bupivacaine for 6 h. Reactive oxygen species (ROS) production and apoptosis were assessed using flow cytometry in each group of cells. The MTT method was utilized to detect cell survival, and western blot analysis was used to examine changes in 78 kDa glucose‑regulated protein (GRP78) levels in neuronal cells. In all groups, levels of ROS production, cell survival and GRP78 expression were significantly different (P<0.01) following the addition of various concentrations of glucose and bupivacaine, as well as for the interaction between different concentrations of the anesthetic agents, demonstrating a statistically significant difference. In conclusion, the susceptibility of SH-SY5Y cells to the neurotoxicity of local anesthetic agents was enhanced in a model of GDM.
- Molecular medicine reports.Mol Med Rep.2014 Feb;9(2):515-20. doi: 10.3892/mmr.2013.1843. Epub 2013 Dec 6.
- The aim of this study was to investigate susceptibility to the neurotoxicity of local anesthetic agents in a model of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM). SH-SY5Y cells were cultured at different concentrations of glucose and subsequently treated with 1 mmol/l bupivacaine for 6 h. Reactive oxyge
- PMID 24317184
- An improved method for Agrobacterium-mediated genetic transformation from cotyledon explants of Brassica juncea
- Bhuiyan Mohammed Shafi Ullah,Min Sung Ran,Jeong Won Joong,Sultana Sayeda,Choi Kwan Sam,Lim Yong Pyo,Song Won Yong,Lee Youngsook,Liu Jang R.
- Plant Biotechnology advpub(0), 1101260006, 2011
- … Southern blot analysis was performed to confirm that transgenes (HPT and YCF1) were stably integrated into the plant genome. … Segregation analysis of T1 progeny showed that the transgenes were stably integrated and transmitted to the progeny in a Mendelian fashion. …
- NAID 130000440893
- Cell-associated β-xylosidase from Aureobasidium pullulans ATCC 20524 : Purification, properties, and characterization of the encoding gene(ENZYMOLOGY, PROTEIN ENGINEERING, AND ENZYME TECHNOLOGY)
- Ohta Kazuyoshi,Fujimoto Hirohisa,Fujii Shinya,Wakiyama Motoki
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 110(2), 152-157, 2010-08
- … Southern blot analysis indicated that the β-xylosidase gene (xylI) was present as a single copy in the genome. …
- NAID 110007700562
- Southern Blot analysis of DNA The left panel is an electrophoretic gel stained with ethidium bromide. Total DNA has been extracted from 9 plasmid clones (lanes ##1-9), digested with a particular restriction endonuclease, and separated ...
- Translate southern blot analysis into another language Relevant Questions What Is Southern Blot An... What Is Southern Blottin... What Is Southern Blot An... What Is Southern Blottin... Dictionary.com Word FAQs Differences ...
- southern blotting, southern blot technique
- サザン法 southern method
- Southern blot analysis、Southern blotting
- southern hybridization
- Southern blot analysis、Southern blotting
- Southern blot analysis、Southern analysis
- Southern blot analysis
- analytic thinking