- Comparative sequence analysis of Cyclospora cayetanensis apicoplast genomes originating from diverse geographical regions.
- Cinar HN1, Qvarnstrom Y2, Wei-Pridgeon Y2, Li W2, Nascimento FS2, Arrowood MJ3, Murphy HR4, Jang A4, Kim E4, Kim R4, da Silva A4, Gopinath GR4.
- Parasites & vectors.Parasit Vectors.2016 Nov 29;9(1):611.
- BACKGROUND: Cyclospora cayetanensis is an emerging coccidian parasite that causes endemic and epidemic diarrheal disease called cyclosporiasis, and this infection is associated with consumption of contaminated produce or water in developed and developing regions. Food-borne outbreaks of cyclosporias
- PMID 27899155
- A Study of Parasitic and Bacterial Pathogens Associated with Diarrhea in HIV-Positive Patients.
- Shah S1, Kongre V2, Kumar V3, Bharadwaj R2.
- Cureus.Cureus.2016 Sep 27;8(9):e807.
- INTRODUCTION: Diarrhea is a common complication of acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), occurring in almost 90% of AIDS patients in developing countries like India. The present study was aimed to determine the prevalence and microbiological profile of pathogens associated with diarrhea in hum
- PMID 27795876
- Cyclosporiasis is an intestinal illness caused by the microscopic parasite Cyclospora cayetanensis. People can become infected with Cyclospora by consuming food or water contaminated with the parasite. People living or traveling ...
- Cyclospora infection symptoms include profuse diarrhea, abdominal pain, gas, and cramping. Read more about causes, treatment, and prevention of cyclosporiasis. ... Cyclospora is a small parasitic organism that is ...